The unboxing video is a trend that has been catching up for quite some time. It has been noticed that viewers who are likely to buy a product will first understand it through channels that do unboxing videos and then go for a purchase. If they like the product that is. This consumer behavior has flagged off since the world has gone and grown digital globally. Now products that are being purchased can be viewed online before you make a decision to buy them or look for other competitive products in the same zone. read 7 tips for making out of the box unboxing videos.
What is unboxing?
To take a product out of a packet is essentially called unboxing. It is not so simple also. Taking the product out of the box and then reviewing it for the sole purpose of consumers is what the primary function of unboxing stands for. With the influx of online shopping, one has an umpteen number of choices to pick from. That gives a greater freedom to choose whatever one wants to unbox. Unboxing is unraveling a story. It is taking out all the contents from a box and explaining the product to its core.
Why we need Unboxing videos?
Since the online market has grown vastly and taken over physical shopping, people prefer to look and check and feel a product online before they make a decision to purchase it. This also creates a need gap for people who are wanting to do unboxing of products. This blog will try highlight a few points that one needs to keep in mind before they start making unboxing videos.
Tips for making successful Unboxing Videos!
Chances are high that you are new to this field and want to experiment. Chances are also high that you are planning to shoot it with a bare minimum set-up. Given below are a few tips that will go along to ensure that your videos turn out professionally well.
- Time your unboxing video well: plethora of products keep hitting the market on a daily basis. But you need to know the right time to unveil it that is. For example, technology products offers launches every few days and if you want to capture that area or zone, you will have to be on your toes to get the products to review as soon as you can. Else you can also choose instead to unbox retro products to catch on to the other side of the bandwagon.
- Speak interestingly: you will often find unboxing videos either grow too fast or slow in their approach. You should ensure your rate of speech and enunciation comes out as interesting as that will help capture and retain the attention of the audiences.
- Use the right set-up: choose the right camera according to your budget. Buy some basic lights if you need to. Get your background set-up ready in accordance with the subject that you have chosen. That can be fashion or technology or toys, etc. Pick or choose a palette that you will like to cater to and voila. You can start shooting.
- Edit interestingly: an interesting edit increases the chances of your viewers getting more entrenched with what you are showing them. Smarter renditions of saying the same thing in a different way is advisable instead of beating around the bush.
- Choose a side: you should know whether you like the product personally or would like to differ. If you would like to differ then why and what makes you do so should be indicated. A good overall review after unboxing is expected to say something valuable rather than stay neutral.
- Don’t delay unboxing: many unboxing videos do this mistake of delaying the process of unboxing by starting off with dialogues and unnecessary rambling. One should completely avoid such tricks as that puts off the viewer’s mostly.
- Product is the hero: one has to always remember and keep in mind that at the end of the unboxing or at the beginning of it, it is the product and solely the product that is going to make it interesting. Thus your content should be completely focused on the features and aspects of the product and talking about them in an interesting manner is something that is expected out of you. If you can interestingly show the product and talk about it in detail and that too precisely, you will surely bag some eyeballs. Else, viewers will be put off and leave. Thus it is imperative you always keep the product in focus and build your story around it.
These are some of the very basics when it comes to gathering tips for making a successful unboxing video. Here’s wishing you all the best for your upcoming endeavor. That is to make a successful unboxing video!